Dye penetrant inspection(DPI) result judgment and record:
- Determine the size and severity of the defect based on the size of the displayed trace and the shade of the color.
- The defect shows that the ratio of the length to the width of the trace is not less than 3,which is called a linear defect trace,and the long defect will show a linear trace.
- The defect shows that the ratio of the length to the width of the trace is less than 3,which is called a circular defect trace. A nearly circular defect such as a pore will show a round mark.
- Defects show traces, which are recorded by photographs,schematics,or strippable developers,etc.,as needed.
- Mark the part where the surface defect is displayed and the trace is displayed.As shown in the defective workpiece Note:For the repaired parts,when the repaired parts need to be inspected,the scope of the flaw detection should be expanded.At the end of the flaw detection,the developer on the surface to be inspected should be removed.
The flaw detection report for dye penetrant inspection includes:
- The code,name,material,surface state and quantity of the workpiece to be inspected;
- Entrusted units,based on technical documents and testing requirements;
- The type and category of the coloring agent;
- Detection sensitivity(specify the type of test block),flaw detection results;
- Signature of inspection personnel and auditors;
- Date of application and date of report.
Safety procedures for dye penetrant inspection:
- The flaw detector contains flammable and toxic substances and should be placed in a cool and ventilated place.
- The inspection site should have good ventilation conditions,away from fire and heat sources,and the operator should stand on the windward side.
- The operator should wear latex gloves and a mask to avoid prolonged or repeated contact with the skin.